CIMPLICITY 11 from GE Digital
Precisely monitor and control every aspect of your industrial operations with High Performance HMI/SCADA
Enable smarter operators with Efficient HMI for the right actions and outcomes
As a proven automation platform, CIMPLICITY from GE Digital provides true client/server visualization and control – from single machines to plant locations spanning the world – helping you manage your operations and improve decision-making.
Based on decades of research and development and part of the Proficy family from GE Digital, CIMPLICITY is the HMI/SCADA of choice for the world’s largest manufacturers and utilities. For applications of all sizes, CIMPLICITY can help deliver faster response, reduced costs, and increased profitability.
Our latest version significantly reduces time-to-value with Rapid Application Development tools including new OPC UA auto-discovery, enhanced mimic-building tools and libraries, and REST APIs for remote configuration. Version 11 also features SQL AlwaysOn support for high availability, threadpooling to increase overall system performance, alarm setup enhancements, and support for the latest operating system and database updates.
1. Decrease operator response time and errors with High Performance HMI/SCADA
CIMPLICITY changes the HMI experience to enable decision support for the user. The overall HMI layout is designed to provide users with the most informed, personalized view of the problem or task at hand – for faster response and fewer errors. Additionally, sophisticated alarm management and escalation capabilities can assist operators to see and act on the alarms that matter, improving efficiency and reducing risk.
2. Drive faster time-to-value with Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools
Deploy solutions faster with powerful new RAD tools including OPC UA auto-discovery, which significantly speeds database creation from OPC UA data sources. Version 11 also introduces a Classes/Objects browser for animations and expressions and improves Smart Object building capabilities with enhancements to reduce or eliminate scripting. With CIMPLICITY, you can employ object oriented design for easy repeatability and faster time-to-value through modeled context. You can use classes and objects to build a structured database quickly. Modeling capabilities in CIMPLICITY allow you to create templated applications for repeatable assets, further speeding configuration.
3. Achieve visualization where you need it
CIMPLICITY screens through the Web HMI and Webspace are full HTML5 compliant and support responsive design concepts. The displays support multi-touch and can scale to adapt to various form factors and orientations where the HMI will be viewed from small to large screens
4.Leverage standards for IoT interoperability
CIMPLICITY delivers a standards-based open ecosystem for superior interoperability and the foundation for IoT. CIMPLICITY reflects GE Digital’s commitment to OPC UA, MQTT, ISA 18.2, ISA 101, and more.
5.Improve connectivity, security, and reliability across your entire operations
With OPC UA Server support for modeled data, CIMPLICITY helps you aggregate systems for a single connection to your SCADA and
consolidated views. Additionally, CIMPLICITY’s Global Discovery Server reduces threats from cyber attacks with overall certificate-based communication. Robust coding practices and secure configuration guidance (Achilles Practices/IEC 62443) make CIMPLICITY the SCADA of choice to help meet the most demanding security requirements.
New in Version 11
- OPC UA auto-discovery: Connect to OPC UA servers utilizing Global Discovery Server, browse UA server namespace, multi-select variables to create CIMPLICITY database (offline or dynamic)
- Reduce/eliminate scripting: open/overlay screen variable assignment by value, text animation writing to a variable, variable assign procedures, function to retrieve Terminal Services Session ID, faceplate options (remove system menu, pinning), tooltips (justification, multi-line, rounded corners)
- Enhanced expression functions (Time, shape, text formatting) & class browsing for expression building
- SQL AlwaysOn support for high availability
- Script execution threading to boost performance
- Other: Enhancements to alarm setup and Change Approval, CIMPLICITY online Help/documentation, database storage for status logs, Windows Server 2019 and SQL 2017 support
- Efficient Operations
- Alarm management and escalation
- Work process management
- Production tracking
- SPC, recipe, incident playback (DGR)
- Device connectivity
- High availability
- Powerful Development Tools
- Design library
- Database model-based design (Classes/Objects)
- Extensibility (VB, .NET, Rich APIs)
- Open standards (ISA, IEC, OPC)
- Highly Scalable
- Small systems to large (>500K) point count
- Enterprise server
- High Performance HMI for efficiency
- Never start with a blank sheet of paper, improve efficiency by starting with a model
- Native Web HMI structured asset model mapped to CIMPLICITY’s objects and classes
- OPC UA for structured data and secure-by-design interoperability, including the OPC UA server for consolidated data in context to the model with certificate management
- High availability: Host redundancy, Windows cluster support, dynamic configuration, support for high availability hardware
- Secure by design: Secure Configuration Guide (Achilles Practices/IEC 62443), Global Discovery Server and certificate management
- Local, remote over LAN, WAN, or Internet connections including VPN
- CIMPLICITY 11 supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit), P/E/U Editions
- Microsoft Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (LTSB) – only full blown IoT version is supported. Not the core and mobile versions.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 bit or 64 bit), P/E/U Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Cluster
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Cluster
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Supported: Microsoft SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014; SQL Express 2017, 2016, 2014; Microsoft Visual Studio 2017; Oracle 12C
- Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz or better computer
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM
- A minimum of 40 GB of free hard drive space
In the world of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), organizations are able to optimize productivity, reduce costs, and achieve Operational Excellence. While this is an exciting time for opportunity and growth, it can also bring on new challenges, questions, and uncertainty. No matter where you are on your IIoT journey, GE Digital has the right services offering for you.
Advisory Services We can help you plan and start your IIoT journey in a way that aligns to your specific business outcomes.
Managed Services We can help you maintain your critical machines from one of our remote locations around the world using model-based predictive analytic technology.
Implementation Services Our experienced global Automation partners can implement a collaborative, multi-generational program that marries your existing investments to the right enhancements and technology.
Education Services We specialize in education services to ensure that you’re leveraging our solutions to the fullest extent with our training and certificate programs.
Acceleration Plans Let us help by ensuring that your business continues to operate at its highest efficiency, all while mitigating risks to
Security Services Our solutions provide industrial-grade security for a wide range of OT network and application topologies.
Unified and Integrated Proficy Products for Your Digital Transformation Journey
GE Digital’s Proficy suite helps you precisely monitor, control, and visualize every aspect of your operations, enabling operators to make the best decisions faster. Transforming your business requires foundational innovations that lay the groundwork for future success.
Accelerate time-to-market and improve just-in-sequence performance at global scale.
- Proficy Operations Hub
Guide operators with dynamic, interactive electronic work instructions and eSOPs for more consistent operations and optimized
- Proficy Historian
Optimize asset and plant performance through time-series and A&E industrial data collection and aggregation. Improve decision-making with advanced trend analysis.
- Dream Report
Powerful reporting to help you improve performance and meet operational goals.
- Proficy Plant Applications
Maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), improve production scheduling, and ensure product quality by leveraging real-time production data.
- Proficy Workflow
Guide operators with dynamic, interactive electronic work instructions and eSOPs for more consistent operations and optimized processes.
Achieve safer operations and efficient network management. iPower is electric utility SCADA made easy!