iFIX 6.5 from GE Digital
Improve productivity and process control with industrial-strength SCADA and High Performance HMI
High Performance HMI/SCADA increases productivity & control
With just a glance, operators should be able to recognize which information requires their attention and what action needs to be taken. They need to know quickly what problems have arisen and how they can be addressed efficiently. You can enable smart operators with proven and innovative iFIX HMI/SCADA. The new iFIX 6.5, part of the Proficy family from GE Digital, leverages the latest technology to help deliver faster time to insight and greater efficiency for your operations while speeding time-to-value for system integrators.
iFIX 6.5 offers major new capabilities to decrease development and deployment time and increase engineering, system integrator, and
operator productivity. These enhancements provide new Object Orientation in a unified and central Proficy Web-based configuration environment for Rapid Application Development, a modernized Webbased database manager, High Performance HMI sample applications to jumpstart your development, new High Performance HMI Dynamos,
performance and security improvements, and more.
1. Speed development with Object Orientation in centralized Web-based configuration
iFIX’s new Object Orientation in a centralized Web-based configuration environment allows users to quickly: connect to structured data sources like PLCs; browse the PLC asset hierarchy as well as other IGS and OPC UA data sources; create objects, model templates such as tanks and pumps, instances of objects, and PDB tags; use a modern Web-based structured database manager; and visualize iFIX pictures and graphical objects in model context. You can significantly reduce configuration by automatically creating tags in iFIX and Proficy Historian.
With the new unified configuration environment, you can access and manage the data from all of your iFIX nodes across your network from a single Web browser instance, using secure-by-design digital certificates and ensuring trust between the Web client and SCADA servers. Multiple HMI/SCADA developers can work simultaneously on the same project from a Web browser anywhere on the network. Audit logs and visualization clues track changes to help ensure compliance to your highest corporate standards.
2. Leverage templates for process industries and High Performance out of the box
To help engineers quickly create the right user experience, iFIX 6.5 provides modern sample systems (Water/Wastewater, Food & Beverage) as well as predefined objects and templates designed using High Performance HMI concepts. Take advantage of rich, ISA standards-based capabilities such as High Performance Dynamos, alarm shelving, and model-based visualization that decrease development time and costs while improving operator response for higher uptime and quality.
3. Achieve visualization where you need it, anywhere, any time
Thanks to our wide range of HTML5-compatible clients such as Proficy Webspace and Proficy Operations Hub, iFIX screens can be used to deliver information anywhere, any time, on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone – regardless of the form factor.
4.Reduce risk with secure-by-design technology and best practices
iFIX leverages open and secure standards such as OPC UA, digital certificates, and Web tokens, which means you can deploy with
confidence. Based on GE Digital’s Red Team Penetration testing, iFIX further reduces security risks with ACL permissions on files, shared
memory and registry settings; awareness of install updates when upgrading through automatic prompts; and other improvements. Additionally, rely on GE Digital’s updated iFIX Secure Deployment Guide for best practice recommendations.
Flexible, configurable, and secure-by-design, iFIX is powerful, industrial-strength SCADA
New in Version 6.5
Object Orientation + Central Web-Based Configuration for Rapid Application Development
- Object orientation: native modelling in iFIX
- Web-based configuration: unified Proficy development environment to configure your iFIX node from anywhere on your network and a layout that you can customize, modernize the Windows UI with a Web-based UI/UX, ability to do concurrent development (multiple HMI/SCADA developers working simultaneously on the same project), REST API for programmatic secure-by-design access, browse IGS and OPC UA sources, create objects and object instances, automatically create tags in iFIX and Proficy Historian
- Web DBM: Web-based database manager, modern look and feel, improves productivity
- High Performance HMI application featuring dozens of new pre-wired High Performance Dynamo libraries to jump start application development, including control and alarm limits, packaged examples for Water and Food & Beverage (juice plant)
- Performance and security enhancements: database import, Workspace startup improvements, iFIX Secure mode, reduces risks
iFIX HMI/SCADA: Industry-Leading Innovation Used by Thousands of Organizations Around the World
- Open and flexible client / server HMI/SCADA that provides machine-level and supervisory control of process equipment
- High-speed scanning, alarm and control with modern, ISA 101 High Performance visualization
- Provides operators with the right information at the right time to keep plants running with high efficiency
- Complete library of visualization tools to support any situation, applied in dozens of industries
- Variety of client options, native thick and thin
- Available options for high availability, alarm notification, and CFR 21 Part 11 support (eSig)
- Scalable – flexible sizing to unlimited points / tags, enterprise visibility & highly distributed architectures
- OPC UA server included along with native OPC UA client driver (optional)
- Leverage over 70 basic drivers with our Industrial Gateway Server (IGS) option
- Proficy Operations Hub integration: publish model and mimics from iFIX, build new Web-based mimics by browsing data
- Native high availability option to reduce downtime through SCADA Synchronization
- ISA 18.2 alarm shelving
- iFIX for IOT (embedded)
- High Performance Dynamos and other features at your fingertips for efficient HMI
- Local, remote over LAN, WAN, or Internet, including VPN
- Encrypted communication from your Web client using SSL / digital certificate, IT security friendly, cloud ready
- Best-in-class and fully integrated optional solutions to extend your experience:
- Proficy Historian Essentials, allowing permanent storage of time-series data generated by your SCADA system
- WIN-911 Essentials for industry-leading alarm notification
- Proficy Webspace, providing your native iFIX HMI operator experience in a Web browser
- iFIX Productivity Tools included free with iFIX Standard and Plus
Improve operational productivity by enabling High Performance, model-based visualization
In the world of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), organizations are able to optimize productivity, reduce costs, and achieve Operational Excellence. While this is an exciting time for opportunity and growth, it can also bring on new challenges, questions, and uncertainty. No matter where you are on your IIoT journey, GE Digital has the right services offering for you.
Advisory Services We can help you plan and start your IIoT journey in a way that aligns to your specific business outcomes.
Managed Services We can help you maintain your critical machines from one of our remote locations around the world using model-based predictive analytic technology.
Implementation Services Our experienced global Automation partners can implement a collaborative, multi-generational program that marries your existing investments to the right enhancements and technology.
Education Services We specialize in education services to ensure that you’re leveraging our solutions to the fullest extent with our training and certificate programs.
Acceleration Plans Let us help by ensuring that your business continues to operate at its highest efficiency, all while mitigating risks to your investments
Unified and Integrated Proficy Products for Your Digital Transformation Journey
GE Digital’s unified and integrated Proficy suite helps you precisely monitor, control, and visualize every aspect of your operations, enabling operators to make the best decisions faster. Transforming your business requires foundational innovations that lay the groundwork for future success.
- Proficy Operations Hub
A centralized environment for aggregating and visualizing contextual and situational information for industrial applications –
supporting rapid application development and rich displays for faster operational response and better decision making.
- Proficy Batch Execution
With Batch Execution, gain the security, flexibility, and ease of use you need to reduce costs, increase quality, and boost profitability.
- Proficy Historian
Optimize asset and plant performance through time-series and A&E industrial data collection and aggregation. Improve decision-making with advanced trend analysis.
- Proficy CSense
Optimize with 5-in-1 industrial analytics capabilities in a closed-loop solution, allowing process engineers to analyze, monitor, predict, simulate, and optimize and control setpoints in real time
- Proficy Plant Applications
Maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), improve production scheduling, and ensure product quality by leveraging real-time production data.
- Proficy Workflow
Guide operators with dynamic, interactive electronic work instructions and eSOPs for more consistent operations and optimized processes.